Monday, July 6, 2015

Marginalia Monday -- Bold as a Lion

My pencil flew out of my hand as the teacher continued to lecture at the front of the room.  I watched the pencil swoop to the floor and roll over the carpet toward another student's desk.  My worst nightmare.  I couldn't stop taking notes.  I would fail the next quiz.  I couldn't ask the person next to me to hand the pencil to me.  I would have to talk to someone I hardly knew.  Oh, the agony!  After a few minutes, I finally asked the kid next to me to hand me my pencil, and after a few years, I finally learned some social skills.  Still, boldness has never come naturally to me.  Perhaps this timidity is what drew me to Proverbs 28:1:  "The wicked flee when nobody pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion."  Drawing a lion free-hand was a bold move in itself, but I'd like to make a few more bold goals for the upcoming school year.

1.  Begin a Bible Art Journaling group of some sort.
2.  Get at least 3 spiritual articles published in various magazines.
3.  Lose 35 pounds (31 now -- woot woot).
4.  Make a new friend.
5.  Find a photography client.

What bold dreams does God have for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment