Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Weight Loss Wednesday -- One Week Down!

Today was my one-week weigh-in, and . . . drum roll . . . I lost three pounds.  My buddy did the same!  Since I spent the majority of the week sitting in a car on vacation, I consider this a wild success.  Since not every week will excite me like the first, I decided to set up some motivation for when the scale slows down.  I found motivation from each of the following categories:

1.  Aesthetic --  I have my favorite dress hanging where I can see it.  I love this dress, and I can't wait until I fit into it.  Right now it won't even scooch up over my hips, but by October 15, I plan to zip it right up and wear it in style.

2.  Nostalgic --  I installed the TimeHop app on my phone, so every morning I see photos of myself from years gone by.  The majority of these photos are from my slim-livin' college years, and seeing myself as I could look motivates me to look that way again.

3.  Physical --  A couple of weeks ago, I went to a trampoline park with a few friends.  The park had a ninja course with a trampoline wall, and all of my friends made it over the wall in just a couple of bounds.  I jumped.  I ran.  I lunged.  I jumped again.  I ran again.  I lunged again.  I could not make it over the wall.  Twenty minutes later, after many trampoline burns and gray vision warps, I finally strained myself over that pathetic, seven-foot wall.  I ended victorious, but I felt pretty weak.  I want to feel strong.  I bought a couple of dumbbells and set them in my living room, right near the T.V.  Now when I sit down to watch a show, I see the weights, think of the trampoline wall, and get back up again.  I will be strong!

4.  Professional -- Since I "wrote" my first book at five years old, complete with stick-figure drawings and crayon scribbles, I have dreamed of the day when I would get a book published and sold in the real world. About a year ago, I received word that my recent manuscript, That Was Random, had been accepted for publication.  It was a pixie-dust-esque moment.  The book is scheduled for an October release, and I have begun planning a release party, which I plan to have photographed extensively because I want to remember this day forever.  It could be the most thrilling professional accomplishment I ever achieve.  Not only do I want to look respectable (and wear my favorite dress) at the party, but I also want my personal achievements to match my professional success. 

5.  Fun -- My hubby and I brought out our bicycles this week, and I can't wait to start using them!  When I don't feel like working out, I can get on the bike and just have fun.  We also started heading to our apartment complex's pool, where I can burn a lot of calories without boring myself to tears.  Fun activities like these motivate me to get moving, and moving means losing!  And losing means winning!

We'll see how week 2 goes, but for now I'm feeling positive.  What do you use to stay motivated throughout a diet?


No comments:

Post a Comment